Sunday, September 11, 2011

Our Yard- Summer 2

We have been babying our yard all summer long, and after a few months of aching backs and a ton of sweat, we are proud to announce that our yard is beginning to resemble the yard we envisioned when we bought our house.

Lest you have forgotten, this is what our backyard looked like last summer:

DSC06026
I'm not going to lie...just looking at this picture makes me cringe. 


And, without further adieu (drum roll please), we are pleased to introduce you to Our Yard, Season 2:


7

Working on it early in the summer

5

All finished!


garden collage

 

Herb Garden

Our herb garden

garden map

Our vegetable garden
6

In addition to our vegetable and herb gardens, we planted some raspberries and blackberries and a peach tree(which should start producing next year).  The house also had a bing cherry tree, a pear tree, an apricot tree, and a white grape and red grape vine when we moved in.  Needless to say, it has been a fun project, and we have definitely been enjoying the fruits of our labors!
We will probably need to nurse the grass for a few more years, and there are some other trees that we need to take down and some more projects to deal with, but we are to a point where we are finally enjoying our yard and our hard work is starting to pay off.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica beautiful garden! I especially like your herb garden. I am sure your father is proud:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely amazing! I am a little disappointed that you don't have thyme in your garden how can I possibly sing Scarborough Fair to you now. Also so so sorry i didn't call you back on Saturday I completely spaced it cause it wouldn't work out. I hope we can still be friends

    ReplyDelete